Walking for Exercise Is Super Healthy



I have been walking for my health for 40 years now. I began in March of 1974. My wife and I moved into the neighborhood in which we reside now with a lot of enthusiasm. I remember the second or third day after moving into our new home, I noticed several cars driving up in front of our house. The curious thing was that it was about 5 am in the morning. I also noticed that the men in the cars all went into the house next door. I thought to myself, what could this be all about?

I found out the next day when an old gentleman from the same house next door came over to me as I was watering my yard, why the men were going into his house. After greeting each other, he proceeded to tell me why the cars were parking in front of our houses so early in the morning. It turned out that they were a walking group. The old gentleman was 89 years of age at the time, and he was very well respected in the community. He was the catalyst for the group for walking to get his exercise at such an elderly age. The men were so amazed by the old gentleman that they all decided to honor him by starting the walking exercise from his house.


So consequently I was asked to join them. So the next day I joined them. We would walk in the neighborhood from street to street. There was a total of about 15 men whenever the group was complete. We would have a good time walking along in various groups of 2 or 3 and sometimes 4 or 5 talking about various current events or something that happened many years ago. It was just good conversation among the men.

Doctors will tell you how important exercising is for the body and many times you can`t find the time, or don`t have the use of tools for exercising the body, walking is the best thing. Most doctors will tell you that 3 times a week at about 20 to 30 minutes of brisk walking is sufficient exercise. Not only does this loosen the limbs, but is also good for the cardiovascular system. As I stated before, I`ve been walking for exercise for more than 40 years now. My only child, a daughter is a professor of Epidemiology at a university in the south told me if I had not been walking all these years, I might be somewhat of a basket case. What she was referring to was the fact that I eat the wrong foods sometimes.

Walking has even helped me with my back pain. I make it a point to stretch before walking and do the same after I complete my walking.

As the years have gone by, I still walk in the neighborhood but with different groups of people. There is a small park in the neighborhood with a path designed especially for walking. Since 1979, it has become quite popular for people walking for their exercise all the time. Remember to always stretch before and after walking. Walking can be good for back pain, and for added comfort back braces can be a tremendous help!


When comfort in your back is needed, do not hesitate to click onto the best source available in back braces. Our back support braces are second to none.
This site is the site of all sites. Click onto backbracedepot.com

 
FACEBOOK

TWITTER

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Carl_E_Carter

No comments:

Post a Comment